Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It was a heavenly sunset tonight. Just beautiful. I love amazing sunsets and we've had quite a few lately. The storm systems keep moving the clouds around and apparently there's some pollution in there too....but...it pretty eh?
Tomorrow is 9/11. I think it's something that will horrify me for the rest of my life. I don't ever want to feel that way again, but I don't want to ever forget the way I felt either.
It's funny how the fear doesn't go completely away, it's always there lurking in the back of my mind. I like to remember because it makes me angry and anger gets a lot more done than apathy.
I listened to Kevin Cosgrove (I have before and will again I'm sure) and it still makes me so angry, that these innocent people were murdered in front of our eyes.
Why is there nothing in the news about it? My kid asked why I was listening to it, she said it's old news(no f'n i-pod update for her ass tonight). I realize that it happened seven years ago, but it's one of the most important events to have happened to the United States in recent history. It's not old news. It's still lingering. It will happen again. People forget, it's a habit of self-absorbed individuals. They forget and will be doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past. I don't want it to happen again, but I'm willing to bet that it will.
Well I hope tomorrow your day is as peaceful and beautiful as the golden sunset. Please don't forget the mass murder that happened seven years ago. Say a prayer for peace in our world.
9/11 ~We will never forget! Posted by Picasa

No comments: